Lets Get Richer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets Get Richer

Discuss with Anid_007 : Stocks Listed on NSE and BSE India

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Locking in Upper Ciruit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
miththoo
Rich +
Rich +

Locking in Upper Ciruit Empty
PostSubject: Locking in Upper Ciruit   Locking in Upper Ciruit Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:26 am

Hi ,
I would appreciate if you could explain me what's meant by locking in upper circuit ? How does it happen (I mean if a person buys a single stock at 5% higher price that the previous day, will it hit the UC ) ? Also, if a stock hits UC, say RIIL 5%, then when can I buy it ?

Thanks,
Miththoo
Back to top Go down
WildFire
Rich + +
Rich + +
WildFire

PostSubject: Re: Locking in Upper Ciruit   Locking in Upper Ciruit Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Some scrips have circuit limits and they can be like 5%, 10% or 20%. You can view those limits on BSE website. Thats the limits it can vary on any given day, which is based on previous closing price. when it hits upper circuits people know that next day the demand might be more and hence won't sell, and vice versa. I beleive this limits are set by the exchanges to limit the operators activity, but in reality it helps them to manupulate the price.

It doesn't depend on no of shares traded on the limits(upper), thats the maximum price someone can buy or sell on that day(min for lower limits). Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
miththoo
Rich +
Rich +

PostSubject: Re: Locking in Upper Ciruit   Locking in Upper Ciruit Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks for quick reply.
But then why the trading is stopped for the day (say for JAICORP) if it hits the UC of 5% ?
This means if an operator buys a single stock for 5% higher price than it's previous day price, then will it hit UC ?
Also I read somewhere --"you can not buy this share if it's locked in UC"--what is meant by this ?

Thanks,
Miththoo
Back to top Go down
WildFire
Rich + +
Rich + +
WildFire

PostSubject: Re: Locking in Upper Ciruit   Locking in Upper Ciruit Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:35 am

miththoo wrote:
Thanks for quick reply.
But then why the trading is stopped for the day (say for JAICORP) if it hits the UC of 5% ?
This means if an operator buys a single stock for 5% higher price than it's previous day price, then will it hit UC ?
Also I read somewhere --"you can not buy this share if it's locked in UC"--what is meant by this ?

Thanks,
Miththoo

It's not stopped. You still can buy at that price if there is any seller (basically it's locked because no one is ready to sell) and you can also sell it at that price for sure (as there will be buyers).

consider a scrip at 100rs on previous day closing today it can go 95-105, it doesn't stop at 105, usually there will be more buyers at 105 and no sellers. Why no sellers? because they know next day there will be a higher price than 105 then they can sell( though not true always).

"you can not buy this share if it's locked in UC" because no one will be willing to sell, but you can buy if there are sellers
Back to top Go down
miththoo
Rich +
Rich +

PostSubject: Re: Locking in Upper Ciruit   Locking in Upper Ciruit Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:09 am

Great !!!!

Thanks a lot !!!!

Miththoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locking in Upper Ciruit   Locking in Upper Ciruit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locking in Upper Ciruit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lets Get Richer :: Analysis & Learnings :: Learn & Earn -Technicals-
Jump to: